Here's a quick snap of my latest TAFE assignment- a portrait painting. I struggled a fair bit with this painting. I didn't know how to blend two different colours seamlessly as a gradient without making the paint look muddy. I think I managed to get there in the end. As this is the first painting I've ever done with people in it, I decided to bypass the realistic route and chose a more cartoony feel. If I ever go for realism I think it will be with some more painting experience under my belt.
Something I'm really pleased with is because this is painted with acrylic paints, I'll be able to transfer what I've learnt here to painting my Polymer clay OOAK dolls. I'd love to make some more hydrostone sculptures and practice my painting skills.
My next assignment I am free to paint whatever I want. Wow... this is going to be a hard descision!